These five tips are imperative to consider when selling property. If your property is lingering on an active market, chances are that one of the listed tips could really make a difference. In truth, all sales hinge upon the first step listed below. Accurately pricing your property is extremely important because the initial activity and interest on a property is most robust at the beginning. If a property sits on a market too long, it may become hackneyed and shelf-worn to potential buyers; they may assume something is wrong with the property. This is escpecially important in an active market, like the Tacoma-Pierce County Area.
- Price it right. Set a price at the lower end of your property’s realistic price range.
- Prep! Get your house market-ready for at least two weeks before you begin showing it.
- Be flexible about showings. It’s often disruptive to have a house ready to show on the spur of the moment, but the more often someone can see your home, the sooner you’ll find a seller.
- Be ready for the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable.
- Don’t refuse to drop the price. If your home has been advertised for more than 30 days without an offer, be prepared to lower your asking price. If you think your price is fair, you need to get it more exposure. Remember there is a reason you have not received an offer.
Let me put it this way: if your property is priced accurately, it will sell.